The Wiz’s Top 2015 MLB Fantasy Top 10 Sleepers
Why reach for a player when you can sit and wait to grab a guy with comparable numbers?
1. Joc Pederson OF, LAD- 22-year-old CF is having an incredible spring slashing .436/.476/.769 with 3 HR’s and 2 SB’s.
2. Taijuan Walker SP, SEA- This right hander has been battling for starting spot and might have locked it up with filthy spring stats. He has pitched 12 scoreless innings allowing only 4 hits and 3 walks while striking out 13.
3. Micah Johnson 2B, CWS- This speedy guy is running away with the starting role at 2B. He seems to get on base and with speed the equals plenty of fantasy value.
4. Dalton Pompey OF, TOR-Another speedster who was 43-50 in the minors last year adding 9 triples and HR’s to those stats. He is looking like the best option for the Blue Jays at CF.
5. Drew Pomeranz SP, OAK-In 9 innings so far this spring Drew has whiffed 15 batters while only walking 3 batters. This lefty looks to ink himself a spot in the rotation if he can avoid any disasters this week.
6. Michael Taylor OF, WAS- With Denard Span out for at least a month this bopper looks to show some of his skills after a terrific season last year (23 HR’s, 37 SB’s, .304/.390/.526) Also he is posting a 1.088 OPS this spring.
7. Billy Burns OF, OAK-Another speedster to grab late in the draft to help with SB. He has put up 128 SB’s in the last two years in the minors.
8. Tommy Medica 1B, SD- Here is another guy battling for a starting position with plenty of talent. During this spring he has gone 15-27 with 4 HR’s and 11 RBI’s and 9 runs.
9. Marcus Semien 2B/SS/3B- Multi position eligibility player to plug-in when your starters have an off day. He has put up .308/.372/.513 with 2 HR’s this spring.
10. Michael Pineda SP, NYY- His name has been around last two years but seems he might be back to the pitcher that batters will fear to hit against. He has struck out 12 batters in just 8.2 innings.